Friday, June 18, 2010

Salmon & Pea Biscuits

Original recipe from Doggy Dessert Chef's Chicken Pot Pie and converted it into fish version for my 2 princesses.

Salmon & Pea Biscuit


Ingredients
1 cup Salmon fillet (cooked & flaked it)
1 cup Peas (cooked and mashed)
1 cup Fish Broth (extract from the water used to cook salmon)
3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
Optional: 3 tsp dill

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients until well mixed.
3. Roll out dough between 2 plastic sheet to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into shapes with the cutter of your choice.
4. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheets and poke with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds great. All the ingredients sound like it would be good for dogs with possible food intolerance, except for maybe the whole wheat flour. What would you recommend substituting that with, if possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sybil,

    Ya some dogs are allergy to wheat. I think you may try subsituting it with potato flour, brown rice flour or barley flour with a mixture of oatmeal flour. I yet to try it out but I think it can work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I am not a cook because I don't really cook. However, everything about your home made dog food meals fascinate me. I will have to try a few of them out when I have the motivation. Besides, if I start cooking home made dog food for Chloe, my husband will get miffed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do these need to be kept in the freezer?

    ReplyDelete