Wally & Cooper's barkday dinner treat - Sushi! Mummy's dog version sushi using simple and fresh ingredients like lamb, eggs, spinach, carrot, rice & seaweed! We love it and mummy is glad that the next day our stomach didn't get upset after eating.
Cooked calrose rice - 2.5 bowls (approx 1.5 cup uncooked rice)
Carrot (finely shredded/chopped) - 1/2 cup
Lamb shabu shabu (thinly sliced lamb) - 500g
Spinach (remove stems, use leaves only) - 1/2 cup
Eggs (beaten) - 2 nos
Nori sheet (seaweed) - 6 sheets
1. Cooked rice with shredded carrot. Dish out and cover with clingwrap to cool down to room temperature.
2. Heat up a non-stick pan, fried beaten egg into omelette and cut into long strips.
3. With the same frying pan, stir fry the lamb shabu shabu till cooked. Dish out to cool.
4. Add water into the pan to blanch the spinach.
5. On a sushi mat, lay a piece of nori sheet and spread a thin layer of carrot rice evenly all over.
6. On the center of the rice, place a strip of omelette, some cooked spinach and lamb. Roll it up tightly.
7. Slice the roll (not to thick so the doggie can eat it easily).
6 rolls of sushi shared equally among the 7 of them... each of them get to eat 11 pieces! All of them love it, it was cut into bitesize so they don't have difficulty in eating.