Occasionally, I will buy frozen durian flesh for baking. All my darlings love durian so I altered the recipe of Durian cup cake to dog version which means less fat & sugar.
They love it and was very excited when they smelled the aroma of durian during baking. Last night, I made 2 recipes for them.
Dog Durian Cake Recipe:
125g Unbleached flour or whole Wheat flour
100g Plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
200g Unsweetened low fat yogurt
60g Sunflower oil/Olive oil
170g Durian flesh
2 nos Eggs
Method: (note: I'm using Kenwood cake mixer to whisk)
Preheat oven 160 degree C
1. Blend the durian flesh & yogurt together into a smoothie, set aside.
2. Sieve flour with baking powder & soda, set aside.
3. Whisk egg & honey at max speed for 5 min until stiff.
4. At slow speed, slowly add in blended durian mixture, follow by sifted flour & oil, mix well.
5. Pour into the loaf tin, sprinkled some rolled oats (optional) & bake for 40 - 45 mins till cooked.
Sliced Fish with Ginger and Spring Onion - Sliced Fish with Ginger and Spring Onion *Aunt's Recipe* *Ingredients:* 500g red garouper fish (thickly sliced, seasoned with 2 tsp light soy sauce & 2 ...
10 months ago