February Special ~ Duck & vegetables pie for my little darlings. I been planning to make this for them since last month specially for Waren & Sniper's BD. I wanted to make something nice for them so came up with this recipe. I used the ready good quality canned food from Old Mother Hubbard ~ Duck & sweet potato delight as the filling and make a simple short crust pastry for the pie. Today, my aunt cooked a pot of veg & beef stew for their daily meal so I also added some to each of the pie.
This was what I made this afternoon for them, the delicious home-made pie. One recipe just nice made 7 pies. Today Wonder came over so each of them get to eat one. They were so happy and really enjoy this delicious snack.
1 canned Old Mother Hubbard Dog food
7 tbsp of stewed/cooked vegetables
For the pastry:
180g Organic Unbleached flour
70g Olive oil spread
1 no egg (beaten & left a bit for egg washing the pie)
1. Mix flour & Olive oil spread, rub in until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add in egg and mix into a firm dough.
3. Roll it out and line into 7 tarts mould & prick holes with a fork. The balance dough cut into 7 round pcs for covering the pie.
4. Chilled for 30mins.
5. Spoon the canned food into the pie & top with cooked vegetables.
6. Cover the top with dough, seal the side and cut a cross at the center.
7. Egg wash & bake at 180C w/fan for 30 mins or until golden brown.
Step by Step pictures to illustrate the above:
Cook with Tefal ClipsoMinut Duo - A collaboration with *Tefal Singapore*! Cooking made simpler and healthier with Tefal's latest kitchen innovation, designed and made in France. *Tefal Clip...
1 week ago