This is a soft and chewy treat. If prefer a crunchier cookie, can bake longer and follow the instruction given in the recipe for a crispier treat. For my darling, they can't take hard biscuit so I just bake 20 mins and store in a ziplock bag in the fridge. They will be having it for their teabreak. But just now when it was done, I already given them each 2 cookies each. They really love it very much and kept asking for more. Even my most picky and fussy Wally also like it very much.
Recipe extracted from "The Ultimate Dog Treat Cookbook by Liz Palika"
Note: The wordings highlighted in red are the changes I made to this recipe.
2 cups pre-cooked ground beef with a dash of chop garlic --- used 250g only
2 tbsp mild salsa --- subsitute with 1 no chopped fresh tomato
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 small avocado --- subsitute with 1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup whole wheat flour --- subsitute with Organic Unbleached Flour
2/3 cup Water
Added: 1/2 tsp Italian mixed herbs & 1 tsp parsley flakes
1. Preheat oven at 350 degree or 175 degree C w/fan.
2. Blend the first four ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to mix until the dough is well combined. The dough will be sticky.
4. Drop by teaspoon onto the tray lined with baking sheet.
5. Bake 15-20 mins or till golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven.
7. When the treats are thoroughly cool, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For crunchier treats: For crisper treat, when all cookies have been baked, turn off the oven. Put all cookies back on the baking sheet and return them to the oven. Leave them in the cooling oven for several hours or overnight to harden.