Saturday, November 27, 2010

Want's Barkday Treat - Blueberry Cupcakes


As promised, baked some barkday treat for Want Want. Each of them get to eat a whole cupcake.




Recipe adapted from Daily Delicious, I change it to suit my doggies.
Ingredients:
180g Unbleached Organic flour
20g Wholemeal Flour
1tsp Baking powder
1 tbsp Honey
50ml Olive oil
1 Egg
100ml Light Sour cream
50ml Milk
120g Fresh blueberry (1 box)





Method:
Preheat the oven to 180°C
Line 7 muffin tins with paper case.
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
2. Whisk together the oil, egg, honey, sour cream and milk, then fold into the flour.
3. Fold in blueberry. Don’t over-mix.
4. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cases.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes until risen, golden and springy to touch. Allow to cool before serving.


Look at all the darlings, they can't wait for mummy to take photos. All crowded around the cupcakes...lol!

11 comments:

  1. ha really its look like cute puppy face... awesome...

    http://cookingbachelors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    Thanks for visiting us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious and your babies are just so cute being so patient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. What type of blueberry and milk u used?
    And add in flour n sugar in a mixing bowl.. The sugar = honey?
    And how long can the cupcake be keep? Cos I only got 1dog..

    Hehe sorry to ask so many qns cos I'm new to baking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi jas,

    I used fresh blueberry which you can get from supermarket.

    Sorry I have amended the recipe as I forgot to amend from the original recipe. Thanks for the reminder.

    Since you have one dog only, probably you can do half a recipe. Or you can freeze it, heat it up when you want to serve.

    Happy baking for your doggy and thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks wen

    How about the milk? Is normal milk or must I use lactose free type?

    And can dog eat vanilla essence? Cos I'm thinking of adding afew drops to the recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jas,

    Preferably is lactose free milk but sometimes I used normal milk because my dogs can tolerate.

    For this recipe, is for doggies that can tolerate milk as sour cream is used. If your dog cannot take milk change sour cream to plain yogurt can work too.

    Yes, you can add vanilla essence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wen,
    Lovely cup cakes and lovely doggies! They are so adorable and wish I can be there to hug them:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Quay Po Cooks! Yes they are very adorable! They never fail to amuse me and gave me great joys daily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope I can bake that well too. Lovely recipe! I have a funny shih tzu whose name is similar to yours, but it is spelled as "Wynn". We call her Wynn Wynn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Say hi to Frankie & Wynn for us! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete