Mummy specially made a cake for Princess Want's 10th barkday! We are so happy because we only get to eat mummy's cake on barkdays...! The cake is not only pretty but yummy too!
Mummy adapted and modified the recipe to doggies version from here:
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
55g unsalted butter (softened)
3 tbsp honey
1 egg + 1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 box blueberries
200-250g low fat cream cheese (use those spreadable type in tub)
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp low fat yogurt
Any fruits that are suitable for dogs
Dog treats, eg dog biscuit & jerky
Preheat oven at 170C, line a 6" round tin with baking paper
1. In a large mixing bowl, using a electric mixer to beat softened butter and honey till well blended. Add in eggs, vanilla and buttermilk mix well. (can use a balloon whisk too).
2. Sieve in the flour mixture and mix well.
3. Pour half of the batter into the baking tin, sprinkle with blueberries. Follow by balance batter and again top with blueberries.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 mins or till the knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
When the cake cool down, prepare the frosting.
1. Beat the cream cheese, honey and yogurt into a spreadable consistency.
2. Cream the whole cake with the cream cheese and decorate as desired.
Mummy decorated the cake with strawberries, some polo biscuits, dog biscuits and jerky bits. All our favourite treats!
Each of us get to eat a slice of this moist and tasty cake! Thank you mummy!